Historically, EDI translation has been handled outside the business system, leaving the final linkage into the business system database to programmers, hard-coded programs, or even manual entry. The EDI product takes a new approach by incorporating the mapping and cross reference processes inside OVO-Vision . This delivers a single mapping process between the EDI documents and the business system database, providing a consistent user interface and access to key data from anywhere in the business system.
In addition, EDI provides a thorough workflow process, tying the incoming or outgoing EDI document to the associated business transaction inside OVO-Vision (e.g. invoices with invoices). This allows the user to drill down to the related transaction detail, from either a business document or an EDI document. EDI documents are also housed in a special EDI file cabinet for easy retrieval.
Key Benefits and Features:
- EDI is totally developed inside Microsoft Dynamics NAV, providing the users unprecedented access to any data, documents or transactions.
- The EDI product supports the X12, Automotive, EDIFACT standards and multiple file formats.
- EDI documents are held in their normal NAV location (ex: invoices with invoices), as well as in an EDI electronic file cabinet for easy access and review.
- Condenses handling the cross referencing of incoming data to the business system data and mapping in one step
- Standard Cross References Include:
- Units of Measure
- Distribution Centers
- General Cross References Include:
- Shipping Agent
- Payment Terms
- Shipping Payment Type
- Shipment Method Code
- Tax Area Code
- And others
- EDI documents are kept in specific archives for easy reference and retrieval.